Staying at Home For Exercise – Why Gym Memberships Are UnnecessaryJacob
It is true that there is a certain mystique about the gym that we do not see when we stay home to exercise. Through carefully designed brochures we read and see the results of diligent gym use. It is not that it is impossible; it’s just that for most of us it doesn’t happen. For some, it’s a matter of taking out enough time for a trip to the gym, exercise, shower, and home. For others, it is sore muscles that keep us from returning regularly. Finally, for all of us, the cost may increase over the years, which makes us question the need for it.
Whatever the reason you skip the gym, there are a few reasons to exercise at home. For these reasons, gym memberships are unnecessary.
1. Try exercise bands, exercise balls, and yoga.. Gyms are machines, cables, and iron bricks. Going into a gym and picking up an exercise band and performing a yoga routine seems like a waste, but they are powerful tools to get in shape that we should not overlook. The key to many injuries is excess weight that is likely to happen in the competitive atmosphere of a gym. However, we are less likely to injure ourselves with exercise bands as the effort required increases gradually and then decreases throughout the movement. The same is true for the use of exercise balls.
2. Try a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and a stationary bike.. There will always be days when the weather doesn’t cooperate with our outdoor plans. In this case, the use of a personal treadmill, an elliptical machine or a stationary bicycle is ideal. Cost is one-time compared to gym membership dues. Find a place in your home that you can dedicate to the idea of exercise. Putting it in your room is not a good idea. Keep the room as a place to calm down and sleep, not sweat!
3. Most go to the gym just to lose weight … eat right first. Analyze your diet and eliminate processed junk food and sweets. Losing weight through a diet change is easier than trying to exercise with a Krispy Kreme donut every day. That’s a lot of running!
4. Try to walk, run and bike for real. The outdoors can be inspiring and motivating, whether it’s city streets or cow pasture. Start with small goals of one or two miles and work to double that. See results with just these calorie burning routines and you will forget about the gym.
5. Try a training video. There are some great video training series that require very little training equipment. The Beachbody or P90x exercise series will show your muscles in no time.
6. Can’t think of the time? Try adding a few calorie burning changes to your office routine at work. Stand at the desk for 15 minutes per hour. This works for some phone conversations that do not require simultaneous access to the computer. Take the elevator to the floor or two below the floor you need to go to and walk a flight or stairs or two. It won’t sweat, but it will burn a few extra calories each time.
There are many reasons to stay home to exercise and for these reasons we see that gym memberships are unnecessary. Try some of these and get in shape with no problems!